World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge consists of six Community Rides at six start times to maximise event participation:
- Ride 1 with Chris McCORMACK: 6 pm Eastern Australian Time – Sydney (GMT/UTC +11)
- Ride 2 with Lucy CHARLES-BARCLAY: 6 pm Singapore Standard Time (GMT/UTC +8)
- Ride 3 with Fabian CANCELLARA: 6 pm Gulf/UAE Standard Time (GMT/UTC +4)
- Ride 4 with Mikel LANDA : 6 pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT/UTC +0)
- Ride 5 with Bahrain Victorious Team: 6 pm Eastern Standard Time – New York (GMT/UTC -5)
- Ride 6: 6 pm Pacific Standard Time – Los Angeles (GMT/UTC -8)
DURATION: 45-60 minutes per ride.
THE ROUTE: Enter the world of Watopia and ride on The Magnificient 8
Check-out the official start times per time zone, event details and ride captain here.
RIDE WITH THE STARS: Not only will you be joining a community of passionate cyclists in supporting a worthwhile cause, you might also find yourself shoulder to shoulder (virtually) with some of the biggest names in sport and entertainment and compare yourself to them. A separate celebrity race will kick off the challenge.
World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge takes place on Zwift (a leading training and racing application), which means that you’ll need to have access to the Zwift app to participate.
ALREADY A ZWIFTER?
Then, all you’ll need to do is sign up to the World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge event within the Zwift app, select your start time and show up on 4th February. Don’t forget to register your participation at solidaritychallenge.org to receive all the latest news, updates and bonus training tips from cycling pros.
NOT ON ZWIFT?
Don’t worry. You can subscribe to Zwift through a 7-day, free trial. After that period, you can either cancel or continue for a subscription fee of US$14.99 / £12.99 per month.
SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE: There is no entry fee to participate in the Community Ride, which means that we rely on your generous donation to make the biggest difference in supporting the global fight against cancer.
You’ll need a bike, a connector, a subscription to Zwift, a smartphone/tablet/laptop, as well as a stable internet connection.
It takes 3 easy steps to get set-up:
- GRAB A BIKE
- CONNECT TO A TRAINER
- DOWNLOAD ZWIFT
- Get ready for your first Zwift ride: Here
- All the essential equipment you need: Here
- Already own equipment? Check if it’s compatible with Zwift: Here
- Get ready for your first Zwift ride: Here
Train together, stay together. Reasons to take part in the Community Ride as a team:
- to help build team camaraderie,
- to encourage teammates to stay active,
- and to show that your company is supporting a good cause.
Participation in the World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge for corporate teams requires a minimum donation fee of €5,000 to be donated to UICC to support the global fight against cancer.
Connect with your employees and clients in the virtual world of Watopia. Ride as a team and support our global fight against cancer.
To enter your corporate team please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Team riders receive:
- LeCol World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge race shirts and caps,
- Discount pricing on equipment,
- Support with Zwift set-up and hardware,
- Access to a 21-day training program created by our cycling professionals.
Current registered corporate teams:
Celebrities from sport and entertainment will kick off World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge in a separate pursuit race format broadcast worldwide on 4th February 2021.
- Fabian CANCELLARA – Cycling – 2-time World & Olympic medallist
- Danny CARE – Rugby – England National team player
- Liv COOKE – Football Freestyler – 4-time world record holder & former world champion
- Lawrence DALLAGLIO – Rugby – Six Nations & World Cup Winner
- Mo FARAH – 4x Olympic Gold medallist
- Ada HEGERBERG – Football – Women Ballon d’Or 2018 & 5-time Women Champions League Winner
- Ryan JONES – Rugby – Former Wales National team captain & Six Nations Winner
- Tom KRISTENSEN – Motor Sport – 9-time 24h Le Mans winner (world record)
- Mike PETERS – Singer
- Robert PIRÈS – Football – World & European Champion
- Paula RADCLIFFE -World champion in the marathon, half marathon and cross country
- Lauren STEADMAN – Paralympics Silver Medallist & World Champion in 4 × 100 m freestyle
- Doug ULMAN – Cancer Survivor, Advocate and New Pelotonia CEO
- Diangelo WILLIAMS – US Football/NFL Player