World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge consists of six Community Rides & Runs at six different start times to ensure we include all Zwifters across the globe:
- Ride 1: 6 pm Eastern Australian Time – Sydney (GMT/UTC +11) with Alistair BROWNLEE, Nicola SPIRIG & Lucy CHARLES-BARCLAY
- Ride 2: 6 pm Singapore Standard Time (GMT/UTC +8) with Lawrence DALLAGLIO, Paula RADCLIFFE, Robert PIRES, Carla SUAREZ-NAVARRO, Simon CARR & Hideto NAKANE
- Ride 3: 6 pm Gulf/UAE Standard Time (GMT/UTC +4) with Mikel LANDA & Gino MADER
- Ride 4: 6. pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT/UTC +0) with Lauren STEADMAN, Martin Johnson & Matt STEPHENS,
- Ride 5: 6 pm Eastern Standard Time – New York (GMT/UTC -5) with DeAngelo WILLIAMS & Chris HARKEY
- Ride 6: 6 pm Pacific Standard Time – Los Angeles (GMT/UTC -8) with Heather JACKSON
- Run 1: 7.15 pm Eastern Australian Time – Sydney (GMT/UTC +11) // 8.15 AM UTC
- Run 2: 7.15 pm Singapore Standard Time (GMT/UTC +8) //11.15 AM UTC
- Run 3: 7.15 pm Gulf/UAE Standard Time (GMT/UTC +4) // 3.15 PM UTC
- Run 4: 7.15 pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT/UTC +0):
- Run 5: 7.15 pm Eastern Standard Time – New York (GMT/UTC -5) // 00.15 AM (5th) UTC
- Run 6: 7.15 pm Pacific Standard Time – Los Angeles (GMT/UTC -8) // 3.15 AM (5th) UTC
IMPORTANT: The ride and run times are staggered to allow participation in both (a lot of our triathletes do this)
Check-out the official start times per time zone here.
DURATION: 45 minutes per ride/run.
THE ROUTE: New York / Route: Park Perimeter Loop Distance: 9.8km (6.1 miles), 126m elevation
RIDE WITH THE STARS: Not only will you be joining a community of passionate amateur cyclists and runners in supporting a very worthy cause, but when you participate in a Community Ride/Runs you’ll be hosted by some of the biggest names in sport. Make sure you have the Zwift Companion app downloaded so you can say hello and chat with everyone throughout the ride/runs.3
World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge takes place on Zwift (a leading training and racing application), which means that you’ll need to have access to the Zwift app to participate.
ALREADY A ZWIFTER?
Perfect! All you’ll need to do is sign up to the World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge event within the Zwift app, select your start time and show up on 4th February. Don’t forget to register your participation at solidaritychallenge.org to receive all the latest news, updates and bonus training tips from cycling pros.
NOT ON ZWIFT?
Don’t worry. You can sign up to use Zwift via a 7-day, free trial. After that period, you can either cancel or continue for a monthly subscription fee of US$14.99 / £12.99
SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE: There is no entry fee to participate in the Community Rides, which means that we rely on your generous donations to make the biggest impact in supporting the global fight against cancer.
You’ll need a bike if you are a cyclist or a pair of shoes if you are a runner, a connector, a subscription to Zwift, a smartphone/tablet/laptop, as well as a stable internet connection.
It takes 3 easy steps to get set-up:
- GRAB A BIKE OR YOUR SHOES
- CONNECT TO A TRAINER OR TREADMILL
- DOWNLOAD ZWIFT
- Get ready for your first Zwift ride: Here
- All the essential equipment you need: Here
- Already own equipment? Check if it’s compatible with Zwift: Here
- Get ready for your first Zwift ride: Here
Celebrities from the sports world will kick off World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge in each of our 6 Community Rides on Zwift.
- Alistair BROWNLEE – Triatlhon – 2 times back-to-back Olympic Gold Medallist & 4-time European Champion
- Kristian BLUMMENFELT – Triatlhon – Olympic & World Gold Medallist
- Simon CARR – Cycling – Education First/Easypost Pro Cycling Team cyclist
- Lucy CHARLES-BARCLAY – Triathlon – IronMan 70.3 – 2021 World Champion
- Lawrence DALLAGLIO – Rugby – Six Nations & World Cup Winner
- Chris HARKEY – Cycling – World Record 12-Hour Distance Track Cycling
- Heather JACKSON – Triathlon – IronMan 70.3 – World Championship Runner-Up
- Martin JOHNSON – Rugby – Six Nations & World Cup Winner
- Mikel LANDA – Cycling – Bahrain Victorious Pro Cycling Team cyclist
- Gino MADER – Cycling – Bahrain Victorious Pro Cycling Team cyclist
- Hideto NAKANE – Cycling – Education First/Easypost Pro Cycling Team cyclist
- Robert PIRES – World & European Football Champion & Arsenal legend
- Nicola SPIRIG – Triatlhon – Olympic Gold Medallist & 6-time European Champion
- Paula RADCLIFFE -World champion in the marathon, half marathon and cross country
- Carla SUAREZ-NAVARRO – Former WTA N°6
- Lauren STEADMAN – Paralympics Gold Medallist & World Champion in 4 × 100 m freestyle
- DeAngelo WILLIAMS – US Football/NFL Player
- More celebrities to be confirmed soon!